Join our team! As a member of Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team in an energetic, productive, and collaborative environment.
Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the nation’s largest statewide mountain bike association, representing thousands of riders through eight regional chapters. Evergreen is committed to sustainable recreation, trail maintenance, advocacy, education, volunteerism, and trail building. We are an important partner with public land managers, contributing over 29,000 hours of trail work per year.
Summary of Position – Project Manager Central Chapter
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the successful execution of mountain bike trail construction and maintenance projects completed by the Evergreen Central Chapter. The PM leads the project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, and manages scope of work, schedule, budget, progress reports, and successful delivery and completion of agency contracts for trail design and trail building projects. The PM is expected to manage multiple trail work projects concurrently and handle new contracts and project opportunities for the Chapter. The PM is also expected to lead all project staffing and equipment needs, oversee the work plan, and review project challenges and issue resolution with the Trails Director. Work will take place both on-site at trail jobs around Central Washington and from home during management/administrative work. Passion for mountain biking and the outdoors is a must. Must have prior trail building experience. Work will occur on weekdays and may include weekends if needed. Excavator operation skills a plus.
- Responsible for delivering trail projects within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assist Trails Director and Executive Director in negotiating contracts with land managers/clients.
- Develop and own the project plan and establish trail design standards.
- Secure all required resources, materials, tools, equipment, and services for projects.
- Coordination of volunteer efforts across the Central Chapter including scheduling, advertising, and overseeing volunteer trail maintenance work parties.
- Manage equipment, tools, snacks, & sign-in sheets for work parties of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Provide regular status reports (including maps and spreadsheets) to land manager (client), Trails Director, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager on invoices, budget negotiation needs, other day-to-day tasks.
- Raise flags and invoke contingency plans as needed, and engage Trails Director to remove roadblocks as needed.
- Represent Evergreen & the sport of mountain biking in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly, motivating, and professional.
- Ability to communicate well with land managers, trail building staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to plan and coordinate resources for trail work projects.
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic and work with minimal oversight.
- Ability to travel by foot or bicycle on trail for up to 6 miles to reach a work site.
- Ability to safely tow a trailer up to 20’ in length.
- Possess the to operate, or the ability to learn how to operate a mini excavator.
- Tolerance for working outside in varied weather conditions.
- Proficiency with MS-Office Suite, Mapping Software, Google Drive and Email.
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record and a reliable personal vehicle.
- Passion for mountain biking, trail building, and the outdoors.
If you are passionate about trail building and want to help make Washington State the best place to ride, we want to hear from you! Apply to join our team of mountain bikers who need your help to make Washington the best place to ride.
Evergreen’s Commitment to Diversity and Equity
Evergreen is committed to assembling a diverse and talented staff. In part of our goal of fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, Evergreen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Women, LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Please visit our website HERE to learn more about Evergreen’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Reports to: Trails Director, Mike Westra
Locations: Central Washington Trail Projects Leavenworth, Wenatchee areas.
Hours/classification: Full-time. Seasonal May - Nov approximately. Non-exempt.
Compensation: Starting rate $24.00 - $27.00/hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Flexible work schedule, accrued paid time off (holiday, vacation sick), 401k plan.
Click here to apply via google form – Project Manager Central Chapter
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the link below. In your cover letter, please describe how your experience, interests, and values are a fit with Evergreen and the position. This position is open until filled. Candidates will be considered as they apply.