Squilchuck State Park Work Party
Calling for volunteers this Tuesday the 23rd at 5 pm for the Tuesday Night’s Squilchuck State Park work party. Now that last winter’s fuels reduction project has been completed, we can now begin the cleanup of our trail system. The first phase will be to clear/swamp about 200 yards of logging debris along the south end of Dark Forest. Then we can reconnect it to Creature Comfort reestablishing our main east-side loop. Each week, we will clear and make ready the next trail until they are all reopened.
Meet us at 5 pm by driving to the upper end of the campground (south end). There, we will walk a short distant to the work zone. Tools will be provided but bring gloves, sturdy boots, long-pants, and water. We expect to work for a few hours or until re-connected to the 4-corner junction.
From Wenatchee head South on S Mission St which becomes Squilchuck Rd, follow the signs for Mission Ridge Ski area. About 7 miles from wenatchee turn left into Squilchuck state park.
Please note: A Washington State Discover Pass is required at Squilchuck State Park.
What to expect
- No experience necessary
- All tools will be provided
- Expect to be physically active and to work at your own pace
- Uneven terrain of all types
What to Wear
- Clothing for all weather conditions
- Sturdy Footwear, boots recommended
- Long pants
- Work gloves if you have them
- Long-sleeved shirt recommended
- Eye protection recommended (glasses, sunglasses or safety glasses)
What to Bring
- A backpack to carry your personal gear
- A jacket or coat in case of cold weather