CW Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance is Seeking Volunteers for Committees
- Are you passionate about mountain biking and want to give back to the mountain bike community?
- Do you like marketing, building community, finance, advocacy or technology?
- If so, then apply to join an Evergreen Committee now!
Evergreen creates and protects sustainable mountain biking opportunities in Washington.
EVERGREEN MOUNTAIN BIKE ALLIANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Committee Members will be:
- Committed to the mission and vision of Evergreen
- Active in the mountain bike community and members of Evergreen
- Willing to dedicate time, ensure mission advancement and serve as an ambassador within the community to deepen Evergreen’s relationships with land managers, financial and industry partners, members, and supporters.
- Assist Evergreen to continue to be the “go-to” mountain biking organization for Central Washington.
Committee Members commit to spending approximately 4-8 hours a month on average:
- Attending monthly committee meetings. Many of which can be attended via conference call or over a ride.
- Preparing committee work products outside of meetings.
If you are interested in assisting Evergreen with important committee work, please fill out the Committee Application below and include any relevant information that may assist us in evaluating your ability to have a positive impact on Evergreen’s ability to successfully achieve its mission and goals. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, but you can anticipate an initial response from us within a month of receiving your application. All eligible applicants will meet with Board Members to discuss their qualifications and interest in serving on an Evergreen Committee.
DESCRIPTION OF EVERGREEN COMMITTEE
- Membership and Marketing Committee: The Membership & Marketing Committee is dedicated to ensuring our existing members are very satisfied with the services of Evergreen and to grow our membership base, leading to increased volunteerism and financial contributions toward the mission of Evergreen. This committee is seeking people with experience in marketing, social media, and developing and implementing professional surveys, and securing sponsorships.
- Fundraising Strategies Committee: The Funding Strategy Committee is dedicated to raising revenues which allow the organization to achieve its mission through major donors, small donors, grants and corporate sponsorship. This committee is seeking people with experience in developing relationships and making financial requests of this region’s major donors.
- Finance Committee: The Finance Committee will support the Treasurer and president in reviewing the financials of the organization, developing financial metrics and goals for the organization, preparing financial reports, and providing process improvement recommendations for financial management and reporting. This committee is seeking people with a strong financial background, preferably including non-profit, that can help provide finance support to the board and Executive Director. Experience in review accounting journals, balance sheets, taxes, selecting appropriate accounting software and more if necessary.
- Technology Committee: The Technology Committee is dedicated to ensuring that Evergreen Staff members have technological tools to make their jobs more efficient, to secure data and finances, and to communicate most effectively with members, volunteers, and the Board of Directors. This committee is looking for people who are interested in researching and implementing technology options for Evergreen including social media. Experience editing websites (particularly in Joomla) or website testing is optional but valuable.
- Trail Development and Trail Maintenance Committee: This committee will help plan and implement new trail projects and maintenance projects on existing trails. Help develop and trail future trail builders and volunteer leads for maintenance projects.
- Education Committee: The education committee will assist in the development of the education program. This includes work involving the beginner mountain biking skills classes, continued training and certification of Evergreen instructors, and assisting with the middle and high school mountain biking programs.
- Events Committee: The events committee is dedicated to organizing and implementing community events involving mountain biking. Committee members will work with community organizers and other regional and state-wide clubs and organizations in order facilitate mountain biking events and Evergreens participation in those events. Events include, but are not limited to: Devil’s Gulch Fest, Spring Stoke party, bike races, Kinderfest, take a Kid Mountain biking Day, etc.
APPLICATION FOR COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP