Squilchuck Work Party
Join us for a work party at Squilchuck State Park on Saturday, July 9th from 9 am to noon. We will focus on brush removal with mechanical brush cutters, loppers, and hand saws on as many trails as we can during this time. Once cut, brush will be raked off and removed from the trails. A BBQ hosted by Wenatchee Valley Velo will follow the work party!
We will be breaking into groups and working on different sections of the of the Park.
If you have a set of loppers please bring them with you.
We will provide all other necessary trail work tools.
What you need to bring:
-Sturdy Shoes (boots are preferred)
-Water and snacks
-Long pants and sleeves
From Wenatchee head South on S Mission St which becomes Squilchuck Rd, follow the signs for Mission Ridge Ski area. About 7 miles from wenatchee turn left into Squilchuck state park.
Please note: A Washington State Discover Pass is required at Squilchuck State Park.
What to expect
- No experience necessary
- All tools will be provided
- Expect to be physically active and to work at your own pace
- Uneven terrain of all types
What to Wear
- Clothing for all weather conditions
- Sturdy Footwear, boots recommended
- Long pants
- Work gloves if you have them
- Long-sleeved shirt recommended
- Eye protection recommended (glasses, sunglasses or safety glasses)
What to Bring
- A backpack to carry your personal gear
- A jacket or coat in case of cold weather